Lighting Art with Color Filters
In November 2022, I was given the opportunity to teach photography to kids (ages 8-13) within the artBUDS Philly program at the Urban Art Gallery. With the feedback I received from the co-founder & parents, I decided to create a workshop around my “Prolific Gradient” color series (see photos).
When & where is the workshop?
Saturday, February 25, 2023 from 5-8pm. It'll be held at my first studio, FourNineteen Co. Studio in Philadelphia, PA.
What would you learn?
- How to use color filters with studio lights
- How to adjust your camera settings to achieve your “look”
- How to use the lighting & camera settings for different skin tones
How much is the workshop?
It's $199. However, the first 5 people will receive 25% off their tickets. If you don't have a camera, don't worry. You'll be able to rent a DSLR camera from me for an additional $50. Also, Afterpay is an available payment method.
There's only 10 spots available, but the good news is I'll also be doing a giveaway for 1 free spot from my instagram @briana.shaunte.
What's included in the workshop?
- Studio lighting (continuous & flash)
- Models (Potentially 3; 2 African-American women & 1 African-American male, 1 light skin & 2 brown skin)
- Information session
- Live photography session
- Refreshments, music & more!
Do you need to be an experienced photographer?
Not at all! Whether you're a beginner or an experienced photographer, this workshop is welcomed to everyone ages 18 & older.